WHO MAKES THIS WORK POSSIBLE?
Earth Force’s work is possible because of the great support of our sponsors and partners.
Most significant is the operating support provided by the Environmental Program at the Heinz Endowments. With this funding, we were able to work in two dozen classrooms and out-of-school programs throughout Southwest PA, reaching almost 1,000 students.
In addition, we were able to conduct several specific projects thanks to the following partnerships:
• A grant from the League of Women Voters Water Resource Education Network to host storm drain stenciling training and project days, in partnership with ALCOSAN and Bruce Kraus (Councilman 3rd District). More than a dozen teachers participated in these workshops.
• A grant from the Buhl Foundation made possible a partnership between Earth Force and Sto-Rox High School, with the Allegheny Front Radio Show as a partner. Biology students studied Marcellus Shale drilling.
• A partnership with the Nine Mile Run Watershed Association provided the opportunity for students from two high schools and two private schools to learn about the cutting-edge stream restoration that is being undertaken in Pittsburgh. All four classrooms took field trips to the stream, where they participated in stream restoration work.
• Conservation Consultants, Inc. worked with us to co-develop a green-schools youth curriculum and houses us along with a number of other collaborators.
• Several financial and in-kind sponsors came through to support the 2010 Three Rivers Earth Force Youth Summit.
o Babst, Calland, Clements, & Zomnir
o The Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium
o The Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy,
o The Three Rivers Community Foundation,
o Whole Foods, Inc., Giant Eagle, Congressman Mike Doyle, and Chronicle Consulting, LLC
• Staples Foundation for Learning supported curriculum development, program evaluation, and national infrastructure support.
Lastly, in the past year, Three Rivers Earth Force gained many new financial supporters, as several individual donors stepped forward for the first time to support our classroom programs.
Please bookmark our web page and blog.
Follow us on Twitter here: and find us on Facebook here
~~Thank you for reading!~~