- Oakland Girls Tour Choir sings Yiddish Lullaby
- A gift from Carnegie Mellon's baroque flutist Stephen Schultz
- Wilkinsburg Outreach: After School with Wilkinsburg Sings!
- Northside Outreach: Start Them Young!
- Learning a new song: Training Choir Style
- Wilkinsburg Outreach: Exploring the fun world of music
- Preparing for Consolidation: Oakland Girls Chamber Choir
- What does singing mean to you? Interviews with Training Choir Members
- Q & A with Kathryn Barnard
Wilkinsburg Sings Year 1 with Mayor Thompson
Wilkinsburg Outreach: After School with Wilkinsburg Sings!
Each Wednesday afternoon, Kathryn Barnard teaches an after-school choral class for grades 1-3 at the Child Development Center of Hosanna House in Wilkinsburg.
This class, called Wilkinsburg Sings!, began its inaugural semester on September 8, 2010 with 16 boys and girls. The first semester concluded with a December program and reception that was well-attended by the students’ families, Oakland Girls Choir supporters, and community members, including Wilkinsburg Mayor John Thompson. The tradition continued this past December with a hilarious holiday musical.
Wilkinsburg Sings! also provides a way for girls to join the Oakland Girls Choir. So far, four girls from Wilkinsburg Sings! have joined. Wilkinsburg Sings! has become a standard part of the after-school curriculum at the Child Development Center. Thanks to the director and teachers of Hosanna House for working with us to introduce young students to the joy and beauty of music.