- Join E.O. Wilson at the Rachel Carson Biodiversity Symposium on May 27
- NEW DATE for Rachel's Sustainable Feast - Sunday, August 29
- Rachel's Sustainable Feast moves to September on the Bridge
- E.O. Wilson at Rachel Carson World Environment Day Event - May 27
- World Environment Day 2010: The Rachel Carson Legacy Challenge to be Used to Encourage Sustainable Action
- Life On Chemicals (Or: TSCA: A failed regulatory system that’s supposed to protect consumers from hazardous synthetic chemicals)
- Q&A with Patricia DeMarco
Rachel's Sustainable Feast moves to September on the Bridge
Ready for the next Rachel's Sustainable Feast? Well this year's Rachel's Sustainable Feast will be even more exciting. We're moving it to September 12 and we're holding it on the Rachel Carson Bridge (9th Street) in Pittsburgh!!!!
Why? Because this event has become so popular, we can't squeeze any more chefs, farmers' markets or vendors onto the street outside Rachel's house in Springdale (where we've held this street party for the last three years).
Also, all of the brilliant chefs who bring tasty treats using locally sourced ingredients, plus our wonderful farmers who set up market, will have so much more produce available in September, that you're going to have to bring an even bigger appetite for the food and more reusable shopping bags for all the farmers' wares!
Of course, we'll also have more fair trade and eco-friendly vendors, environment groups, plus some really terrific local and national organizations who we couldn't squeeze in before.
So make sure you mark your calendar for September 12 and head for the Rachel Carson Bridge.